Donovan Productions is owned by Donovan Werts. He often jokes that he named the company after himself, so he’d remember what it’s called (he is going to keep his day job with jokes like these). Donovan grew up loving movies, TV, photography and special effects. He knew that he’d work in the business someday and somehow. After serving 4-years in the USAF as a Computer Operator/Communications Specialist, he attended Lane Community College in Eugene, OR. In 1995 Donovan graduated as an Honor Student with an AAS in Broadcast, Visual Design and Production (and he brags about this because he was a terrible student in high school lol). He is a Springfield, OR native (home of “The Simpsons” – Woohoo!), who grew up in Lexington, NE, and currently lives in Eugene, OR.
Donovan worked at the KCBY TV Station in the mid-90’s, in Coos Bay, OR, then was hired by a professional animator and video producer named Roger Scott. Roger is a brilliant (modest) artist, videographer, editor and computer whiz. He worked as an animator in New York during the 80’s and created the well-known, national commercials for Trix, Lucky Charms and Strawberry Shortcake. Donovan learned about visual design and editing under Roger’s amazing mentor-ship, then started producing commercials with his own business in 1998.
Initially, most of the commercials he created were for non-profit live theater groups on the Southern Oregon Coast. He knocked on lots of doors, and made MANY phone calls to solicit sponsorships from community businesses to help pay for the production costs and airtime to run commercials for over 40 theatrical productions (all at little or no cost to the various theater groups, sigh, what a saint hehe).
Donovan also received multiple private and community grants to help with his promotion of local artists (actors, dancers, musicians, painters, authors, glass blowers, etc.), on the Oregon Coast.
Donovan’s Performance Videos
More Braggin’ About Donovan
- Professional Vocalist – Sings regularly at church, care facilities for those with Alzheimer’s disease/dementia, and various local venues.
- Voice Over Announcer – Heard in hundreds of TV and Radio Commercials that have aired from Oregon to the East Coast.
- Lead Singer for “The Loons” – An a Capella group that performed at festivals on the Oregon Coast in the late 90’s who covered songs by everyone from The Beatles to Johnny Cash.
- Producer of Hundreds of TV Commercials since 1998 – His work includes concept development, script writing, videography, photography, editing, special effects, animation and collaboration with countless advertising agencies/account executives for Broadcast and Cable Television Companies.
- “Best Leading Actor” Award – Don Lockwood in “Singin’ in the Rain” – Annual Masque Awards, Little Theatre on the Bay, North Bend, OR.
- “Best Leading Actor” Award – Joseph in “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” – Annual Masque Awards, Little Theatre on the Bay, North Bend, OR.
- “Leading Actor” Award – Don Quixote in “Man of La Mancha” – Annual Masque Awards, Little Theatre on the Bay, North Bend, OR.
- Director – Neil Simon’s “Lost in Yonkers” and “Nunsense: Meshuggah-Nuns” Musical, On Broadway Theater, Coos Bay, OR.
His Favorite Acting Roles Include:
- Don Lockwood – “Singin’ in the Rain”
- Don Quixote – “Man of La Mancha”
- Quasimodo – “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
- Joseph – “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
- Vincent Van Gogh – “Inventing Van Gogh”
- Prince Herbert, Sir Galahad the Flatulent (hehe), Dennis’s Mother, Monk #2 – “Spamalot”
- Old Jake – “The Christmas Foundling”
- Joxer Daly – “Juno and the Paycock”
- Curly – “Oklahoma”
- Silvio – “Private Wars”
- Jacob “Jack” Jerome – “Brighton Beach Memoirs”
- Father Virgil Manly Trott – “Nunsense 3 & 5”
- Elroy McGurgle – “Oh God 08”
- Brutus – “Julius Caesar”
- James Joyce – “Molly and James”
A Legend in His Own Mind lol
And now a unsophisticated, candid look at all that is Donovan!
(and some wonderful friends) 😜